Sunday, May 12, 2013

47 days 17 hours 44 minutes 20 seconds

As I start this post, that is the amount of time left before we leave.

All is chaotic.

It has been over 35 years since I traveled abroad, even longer for Betty and a lot has changed.  We've made ourselves a list in order to make certain we have crossed all our "t's" and dotted all our "i's" before we leave.  I wish I could say we've thought of everything and we are prepared but, as proven in my last post, nothing is ever so simple, especially with me.

I'm certain we will forget something, hopefully it isn't something that proves critical to our trip.  Minor issues can be fixed or forgotten.  Leaving a toothbrush at home just means a trip to the local drugstore to purchase a new one.  Should I pack for rain?  I've given this some thought and my answer is no.  Yes, I have no doubt it will rain however, even here at home, I do not own rain gear.  I have an umbrella which I can purchase cheaply in Paris so, why pack an umbrella?  As it appears Paris is experiencing a late arrival of Spring, as are we, I would venture July will probably be unseasonably cool, I'll make sure I wear a sport coat.

Overall, we are prepared and waiting.  Anxiously waiting.

It is now 47 days, 17 hours, 23 minutes, 17 seconds until departure time.

Not that I'm watching the clock, you understand.

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, you're getting close now, as are we. I'm trying not to get nervous.

    I can't remember if you're flying carry-on, which is how we travel. Go as light as you can, but that being said, I think I'd invest in a good rain jacket. FWIW, on our two trips over, we wore our rain jackets quite frequently. Of course, keep in mind that we were only in Paris about 25% of the duration of our trips. England is notorious for being wet which is where we spent the bulk of our time.

    I'm excited for you and your wife! I hope you love Paris as much as we do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, we're getting very excited! I'm flying carry-on, my wife is checking a bag, I think a blog post is coming from that. :)

      Delete
    2. Do you have a direct flight? This year I splurged and booked a direct flight for us. We fly into Heathrow and then will take the train to the small station in the village my family lives in. That is probably the only way I'd consider checking a bag. I might be tempted to do it on the way home but we've managed to fly carryon on our two previous trips so we'll probably be fine.

      I look forward to reading your next blog post!

      Delete