Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Crazy Time

For more years than I can remember, December has always been the crazy time of the year.  In addition to Christmas, my wife's birthday is in December; I also have to pay the end of year property taxes.  Of course, throughout the month we have our senses bombarded by ads attempting to compel us to buy the gifts that will make our loved ones, well, love us.

Freezing cold weather, seriously it hasn't been above freezing in a week.  Snow, which melts then refreezes becoming ice, daily trips to the wood pile to split more firewood.  And finally, today I find the drain pipe for the kitchen sink is frozen, not the water supply lines (although they have frozen in the past) rather, the drain line is frozen.  Usually I can repair the little things that go wrong with owning a home however, this time I need to call a plumber.

Yes, it is the crazy time.

But, I do have my wife to keep me grounded, keep me sane.  For that, I will be forever grateful.

I hope you take the time this holiday season to appreciate the person that keeps you grounded.  As Betty always writes in our Christmas cards, "May you receive some of what you want and all of what you need."

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Joyeux Noël et Heureuse Nouvelle Année

No comments:

Post a Comment